You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
This file documents all of the formatting rules that will exist in the Library, to ensure consistency in the Library.
Some Base Rules:
- Packages should be sorted to approbate folders. To Ensure fast finding of classes and not running through hundreds of classes in 1 package.
- Class Header braces always start in new line to help with if a if is needed in the class header.
- Otherwise braces should be in the same line as a function name.
- If a function could be done in a single line it should be.
- Function overloads should be avoided. They are only causing problems.
- If a primitive function would cause a overload then a rename should try to add a shortened primitive name in it. If that destroys the naming flow then a cut version name. If that does not work a new rule has to be made up. Example: "get -> getInt" while "removeIf => removeIfInt" does not work so we default to "removeIf => remIf".
- If a function would break the java interface rules (ArrayList.trimToSize) a dedicated interface should be created for it.
- If a #if is wrapping a function the #if always starts after a empty new line and the #endif always has a empty new line before itself. That way empty lines match up no matter the type
Rules can be added or altered, but should only be so if there is a real reason to be present.